sábado, 27 de agosto de 2022

Saturday 27th, August 2022. Give a go to two of your classmates' recommendations to improve English skills. What was your experience with them? Did they work for you? Share your thoughts with the class.

16 comentarios:

  1. I used the recommendation of watching Netflix without the subtitles, it was really useful, even though I didn't have time to watch a move or series, I just kept the audio, and when I didn't understand something, I just rewind and paid more atention.
    Also I used the strategy of listening only to music in english, I found really beautiful lyrics, and when I didn't understand something, I just searched for the lyrics and found more usefull vocabulary.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I´ve been using social media(messenger, telegram and PlayStation) to contact foreing people and improve my writting and listening,even thought this may not be the best way to do it since the english i use with them,its a lot more casual(a daily conversation), but i´ve learn new ways to exprese my ideas using less words which can be relevant when working and at the same time improve the effiency.

    And as i really like singing, give a try to reinstall a karaoke app so i can improve my pronunciation.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Watching videos, hearing podcasts, reading books, all in english, helps alot trying to get he ears and mouth used to the specific sounds ofthe language. Also, determination is key when we want to master any skill. Only practice makes perfect.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. You're right about the practice, you remember me a theory about mastering an ability, Malcom Gladwell says that to be a professional in almost any kind of activity you have to accumulate 10,000 of hours of practice.

      Eliminar
  4. I've been watching some TED Talks and they are very helpful for me to get more vocabulary, also, I tried some movies on Netflix and it's enjoyable watching them only in English.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I also have been watching some TED Talks focused on my major and they’re being pretty helpful for me and the researching papers I had to read and write. And for watching series, I just have the opportunity of trying with subtitles, I would like to do it without as Bren. I’ll gimme a chance to prove myself.

      Eliminar
  5. I tried the Karaoke Game and I discovered that I am worst at it that I remembered, anyway I had fun playing it, that game forces you to know the complete liryc of the song, and the other advice that I took to improve my english
    was change my apps to english, I am very used to so it wasn't a big change, but it was challenging for me try to writte everything in english even my daily schedule.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Thank you for your recommendations, I reinforced my way of practicing my English by watching some youtube channels that you recommend me like the Marques Brownlee Youtube channel, and I also started listening to some podcasts.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. I tried karaoke, was difficult experience singing following the lyrics, and trying to pronounce the intonation of the songs but also was funny and I could listen to different words than normally I use. Also, I watched a video with subtitles and I made a small list of words that I saw there.

    ResponderEliminar
  8. 1. TED Talks:
    We have been using TED talks as a learning tool for several courses, and I think it is a good idea to be able to learn a new language through topics of collective interest because this makes learning more enjoyable.
    2. Karaoke Game:
    I consider that the karaoke application is a very complementary idea to the proposal that I had raised in the previous class, since it is still part of listening to music and being such a daily activity, it makes it a simple practice to carry out.

    ResponderEliminar
  9. I recommend you, do that ervery you like or enjoy in english, in objective to increase your focus, for example, if you like mechanics, see videos, movies, documentals and practices in english, in my experience that will work know more about your carreer and improve your english skills.

    ResponderEliminar
  10. I looked for the youtube channels that my colleagues recommended, and I found myself enjoying the Verisatium videos, they are varied and very informative. I am really interested in astronomy and space topics, so I used the videos as a podcast while doing other tasks, and when I didn't understand something, I would look at the screen and repeat that part. And to practice my writing I downloaded an app to talk to people from other countries, it's called Tandem. I like it because everyone wants to practice other languages, it's great!

    ResponderEliminar
  11. Rogelio Yael Vega Hernández31 de agosto de 2022 a las 21:02

    I tried karaoke games and save songs that can help me to improve me my skills in speaking and listening, and they are very helpful; I think is a very good and funny way to practice! Otherwise, I tried reactions of persons who are native of english language and that also help to know the common mistakes, and I realized that there are a few I also make.

    ResponderEliminar
  12. I began to watch some movies and videos in English without subtitles, I was a bit afraid at the beginning, but slowly I got used to it.
    Some games are really useful too, but I think they don't called my attention.

    ResponderEliminar
  13. I also tried the karaoke games option and was hilarious how I failed every time at the beginning, little by little I was able to succed but there wasn't a big change. What I'm currently doing as a estudiante is consulting all the books, magazines articles that I need for my homework in english to improve my reading and try to expand my vocabulary.

    ResponderEliminar
  14. After I saw a lot of your advices, I decided to follow some of them. Recently I started to watch on Netflix "The Crown" without subtitles. It has been a little bit challenging because their accent in the serie is hard to catch all the words that they said but I do my best. Another thing thatI want to try it is the app Karaoke, It sounds so interesting. Finally I tried to talk to a native speaker and one no native speaker in English. Last week, I have the chance to talk with a couple of auditors who came from USA and India. It was a little bit difficult at the begining but in the end it was a grateful experience 🙂🙂

    ResponderEliminar