Hi Cristopher!! Some years ago a friend of mine recommended me to try reading some books in English and it works for me. Probably it will be helpful to you for learning new vocabulary 🙂
I think that I have to improve my reading and my listening, since always have been one of the most dificults task for me, although I think that I have to work on my writting.
Hey Viry. Listening comprehension is also a skill I’m working on and for me is helpful focusing my attention to the lyrics of music and trying to fill what’s next in a sentence. In fact, there’s an application to do that. I hope it helps you.
Definitely listening but speaking too. I think bouth skills are the more difficult for me and one reasons is because I dont practise frequently the language.
I think the best way to improve your listening is watching your favorite netflix program in English with subtitles in english too, I recommended that because It worked to me
Speech is the skill I desire to develop because I’ve noticed that sometimes I get nervous when I speak, my mind goes blank and therefore the richness of my vocabulary decreases.
Andy, I've always noticed that you are very good at the language to control your nerves; I recommend you to try to imagine yourself in a scenario where you are alone, that helps a lot c;
Over the last few years, as the level of difficulty in the English courses increases, I have realized that among my weaknesses are the listening and reading parts.
Yeah,it happens. But we need to let that nervousness behind in order to improve :). If it helps, I try to speak in more simple words when I dont remember something, hope it helps.
You are absolutely right, practicing English when speaking is very necessary, and due to the pandemic, I feel that perhaps we have lost the practice as in face-to-face classes, so let's all make an effort together!
I need to practice in my speaking and writing skills, specially, talking about technical things. In my job is really important to talk about that kind of stuff. Sometimes I get nervous when I have to talk with someone who is from America.
Speaking skill is the hardest for the people whose language doesn't come from the same linguistic root of your own. This also happens because we need to use different sounds that we don't commonly use with them for the vowels' pronunciation. Also, you need to remember them at the same time you're making your sentence and giving it some coherency. What I've learned about this is... you don't need to know everything or memorize a lot. The main goal with a foreign language (like english for us) is to communicate what you're trying, the pronunciation, the proper word and the perfect grammar and tenses of each sentence are just mastered with continuous practice, but the fear is what limit us and it make us feel that we can't. So, my suggestion is don't limit yourself, fail a lot and when it happens learn from it but always keep practicing. Remember, practice makes the master 😀.
In my case, I would like to practice writing more, I feel that I have little experience for documents that require more formality. On the other hand, grammar is also something I need to review, I'm terrible at phrasal verbs, there are too many of them!
Hmm... I think that I need to enhace my listening and my reading speed skills. For the listening the main problem that I have is that most of the time I don't recognize the words that others are saying but this happens to me even in spanish. I think it's more like a medical situation. Also, with academic purposes it's hard for me trying to answer by remembering what is asked for each question in te exams so I prefer to explain about what I heard instead to answer or remember certain things. And about the reading speed, it's just that I don't read as fast as I want so when I have a comprehension reading activity I usually take longer that the time it's calculated. Again, this also happens to me using my native language (spanish), so I think this is a skill that I need to practice a lot.
In my opinion I consider that I need to improve my speaking
ResponderEliminarSince always, I am not pretty good at "writing", I have problems trying to remember the grammar and formality if I need to write something formal.
ResponderEliminarI need to improve my speech and also learn a little more vocabulary that I can use in everyday life.
ResponderEliminarHi Cristopher!! Some years ago a friend of mine recommended me to try reading some books in English and it works for me. Probably it will be helpful to you for learning new vocabulary 🙂
EliminarI thing that I have to improve my vocabulary and my speaking
ResponderEliminarI think it is very common we need improve these skills because dont use the lenguage in our day to day so we need to practice and study more.
EliminarI think most of us have the same thought, but it's a matter of practice
EliminarI think that I have to improve my reading and my listening, since always have been one of the most dificults task for me, although I think that I have to work on my writting.
ResponderEliminarI am in the same case regarding reading and listening comprehension. I think it would be of help to know new technics to improve these abilities.
Eliminarwow! It's impressive that you didn't mention talking because I think it might be one of the hardest things to do when you're learning.
EliminarI consider that I need to improve my listening comprehension, I would like to know some advice on this skill.
ResponderEliminarHey Viry. Listening comprehension is also a skill I’m working on and for me is helpful focusing my attention to the lyrics of music and trying to fill what’s next in a sentence. In fact, there’s an application to do that. I hope it helps you.
EliminarHello Viry, another piece of advice that I can give you is watching some movies in English, it would be useful to improve your listening skills
EliminarDefinitely listening but speaking too. I think bouth skills are the more difficult for me and one reasons is because I dont practise frequently the language.
ResponderEliminarI think the best way to improve your listening is watching your favorite netflix program in English with subtitles in english too, I recommended that because It worked to me
EliminarSpeech is the skill I desire to develop because I’ve noticed that sometimes I get nervous when I speak, my mind goes blank and therefore the richness of my vocabulary decreases.
ResponderEliminarAndy, I've always noticed that you are very good at the language to control your nerves; I recommend you to try to imagine yourself in a scenario where you are alone, that helps a lot c;
EliminarOver the last few years, as the level of difficulty in the English courses increases, I have realized that among my weaknesses are the listening and reading parts.
ResponderEliminarGrammar is the one I need to improve, since I´m a person that use to practice more the speaking in daily life than write it out.
ResponderEliminarMaybe my speaking it's not my strength because I'm not comfortable with and I get nervous easily when I can't remember a word.
ResponderEliminarYeah,it happens. But we need to let that nervousness behind in order to improve :). If it helps, I try to speak in more simple words when I dont remember something, hope it helps.
EliminarI think pronunciation is what needs more pratice, we now have all the theory but practice is very important to habituate our mouths.
ResponderEliminarDefinitely, listening and speaking, because when I'm very nervous the wires in my brain cross between them LOL
ResponderEliminarSame here, I get nervous and my mind begins to go blank.
EliminarYou are absolutely right, practicing English when speaking is very necessary, and due to the pandemic, I feel that perhaps we have lost the practice as in face-to-face classes, so let's all make an effort together!
EliminarEste comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.
ResponderEliminarI deleted this one because my name wasn't good, sorry :c
EliminarI need to practice in my speaking and writing skills, specially, talking about technical things. In my job is really important to talk about that kind of stuff. Sometimes I get nervous when I have to talk with someone who is from America.
ResponderEliminarMy weakest skills are speaking and my limited vocabulary, I really try to memorize more words of daily use but always end up forgetting them.
ResponderEliminarSpeaking skill is the hardest for the people whose language doesn't come from the same linguistic root of your own. This also happens because we need to use different sounds that we don't commonly use with them for the vowels' pronunciation. Also, you need to remember them at the same time you're making your sentence and giving it some coherency.
EliminarWhat I've learned about this is... you don't need to know everything or memorize a lot. The main goal with a foreign language (like english for us) is to communicate what you're trying, the pronunciation, the proper word and the perfect grammar and tenses of each sentence are just mastered with continuous practice, but the fear is what limit us and it make us feel that we can't. So, my suggestion is don't limit yourself, fail a lot and when it happens learn from it but always keep practicing. Remember, practice makes the master 😀.
In my case, I would like to practice writing more, I feel that I have little experience for documents that require more formality. On the other hand, grammar is also something I need to review, I'm terrible at phrasal verbs, there are too many of them!
ResponderEliminarHmm... I think that I need to enhace my listening and my reading speed skills.
ResponderEliminarFor the listening the main problem that I have is that most of the time I don't recognize the words that others are saying but this happens to me even in spanish. I think it's more like a medical situation. Also, with academic purposes it's hard for me trying to answer by remembering what is asked for each question in te exams so I prefer to explain about what I heard instead to answer or remember certain things.
And about the reading speed, it's just that I don't read as fast as I want so when I have a comprehension reading activity I usually take longer that the time it's calculated. Again, this also happens to me using my native language (spanish), so I think this is a skill that I need to practice a lot.