sábado, 17 de septiembre de 2022

In your opinion, what should we take into consideration for the Collaborative and Conversation Speaking Tasks in the ISE 2 Test? - Also comment 2 classmates post.

35 comentarios:

  1. Personally I think that asking for further information, giving opinions and giving advice to our examiner is vital for the succes of this test; Trying to turn it more into a 'casual' conversation rather than a monologue so the speaking can flow in a way it will allow us explain him the parts of our topics, both in time and as clear as possible with the help of our material ( the mind map previously done) .

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I completely agree. I think that this activity mainly promotes confidence among the participants to be able to express what they really think about some topics.

      Eliminar
    2. I think it is very important to have a mental map to be able to have a more fluid conversation with the examiner without so many pauses.

      Eliminar
    3. Or maybe write some key words in order to ask about all the details that you may need.

      Eliminar
  2. I consider that it's always necessary to have all the information on any topic, so it's a bit easy to ask for information and maybe giving advice is the most challenging part here. In my own experience, it's hard to look at the examiner as a friend, and starting a conversation is a big deal. One way to let the conversation flow is to stay calm and have a spring in your step.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I consider that could have the peace of mind of knowing that it is a natural conversation allows the participants to express themselves more naturally and without fear of making mistakes.

      Eliminar
    2. Arturo Rodriguez Paredes21 de septiembre de 2022 a las 12:25

      In my experience, the more challenging part is looking at the examiner as a friend because I feel so nervous and I can't do a great job, so as you said we have to stay calm.

      Eliminar
  3. I believe that one of the most important points of this activity is the way in which it is developed because it allows the participants to create a conversation from scratch, with the advantage that the topics are known by the general public, providing confidence and a correct handling of the subject.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. It is true that the topics are easier to approach since they can be of general knowledge and it is not complicated compared to topics that are more specific.

      Eliminar
    2. Also, that they're not expecting you as an expert of the topic. This give us the chance of sharing our own experience and being more natural.

      Eliminar
  4. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Arturo Rodriguez Paredes21 de septiembre de 2022 a las 12:20

    We have to practice how we give advice and recommendation, in order to give it in a fluently and quickly way, it is important to practice with the materials we have to do a great job in the exam, in addition, It is very useful that we can do exercises similar to the exam.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I also think that practicing with similar exercises will be useful because we can improve in the process and make it better in the real exam.

      Eliminar
  6. It's curious to me that they advice us to "don't solve the problem to quickly". I get it, the point of the examinatios is see if we can mantain a conversation, but si sounds really strange jajaja. Also, don't forget to keep the exiner IN the conversation and keep working in our advices and opinion skills.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I agree, one of the most important things is to allow the examiner to be in, this way they could do questions and know more about your vocabulary and talking skills.

      Eliminar
  7. I think we should take into consideration that it is a conversation, not a monologue because sometimes we are very nervous and we think that examiner is there just to listen to us talk and talk for minutes, but he must be part of the conversation too! So it's important to ask his opinion in order to keep the conversation fluent.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I agree with you. It's important at the moment to speak, to create a space for the examiner could join to the conversation.

      Eliminar
    2. I totally agree with you. Is important to keep in mind that is a conversation not a monologue as you said, and try to involve or get into the conversation to the examiner

      Eliminar
    3. Yup, It happens to me a lot. The anxiety during the exam could make us talk like a monologue. Maybe it would help just to think that the other person is actually your best friend and then maybe you'll feel confident to say what you only need.

      Eliminar
  8. The principal idea that concerns to me is trying to involve the examiner asking some questions about his/her perception of the topic, feelings, similar experiences and so on. Also, at the last exercise I became aware of something important: believe and trust yourself in order to give natural answers.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I totally agree with you, I defenitly think that is important to give natural answer, this will show your level of english and I think it will give a good impression

      Eliminar
  9. Rogelio Yael Vega Hernández21 de septiembre de 2022 a las 18:56

    Is very important yo read the instructions, is curious how they said that we don't have to solve the problem of the speaking very quickly, they are explaining that talk about a problem or a topic is not the main reason of the speaking, instead of that, we have to be able to follow a conversation. Also, is important to choose a topic that we enjoy to talk, it could be easier to us to talk about it.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. It's very important to keep the conversation with your examiner and if you solve the problem quickly, maybe you will not be able to cover the time that has been assigned, and overall you won't have a conversation similar to reality, which is the main purpose of this test.

      Eliminar
  10. I think that one of the most important point is that we have to be really natural at the moment of speaking, also I think that is correct to talk about a topic that everybody could easily understand so you can keep a good conversation with the examiner, and even though that we are meant to do it naturaly, I think that is important to practice before and do the mind map that they suggest.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I definitely agree with you. Choosing a topic that you could easily understand and feel comfortable talking about it, always make you feel better than other that probably you don't understand

      Eliminar
    2. Agree!
      The clue is to chat naturally avoiding the overstructured sentences that most of the time we commonly create for our exams. Sometimes less is more. So, being simple and concise would help us to sound more "natural".

      Eliminar
  11. According to the information on speaking tasks on ISE II, I consider that is important to have the ability to maintain a conversation. The information specifies that the test must be a conversation, not a monologue. I think, to achieve this is necessary to have knowledge of the five possible topics and understand well the answer. In this way would be easier to create a fluid conversation. And don't forget to try to persuade the other to join the conversation.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Considering what is in the articles; as you say, is really important not to do the speech a monologue and maintain a conversation with the examiner because those are the more emphasized points in both cases.

      Eliminar
  12. In my opinion I consider that one of the most is important things to consider to the collaborative and speaking task is talking about a well known topic or at least one that you feel comfortable talking about. This will be helpful to manage a conversation, making questions or giving an opinion, to include the examiner, and the exam not become into a speach. Another thing that I considered it would help you is making a good mind map, in order to check it when the words suddenly disappeared probably this helps you to feel less nervously

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I agree with you, is important to choose a topic wich you feel confrotable with, the mind map is also a good advice if you tends to forget easily.

      Eliminar
  13. Something important is that in both cases we always have to involve the examiner in the conversation, keep the conversation going and think quickly to organise our ideas and have a good answer in order to built a fluen conversation. Although the tasks are not similar, I think the main idea is to hold a conversation comfortably, know how to ask for information, make a conclusion and finally give an opinion.

    ResponderEliminar
  14. In your opinion, what should we take into consideration for the Collaborative and Conversation Speaking Tasks in the ISE 2 Test? - Also comment 2 classmates post.

    Well, the main goal of the speaking task is to keep the flow of a given situation in order to find how would you continue the conversation but making it less formal, like chatting with a friend.
    What I recommend about it is:
    First, I think is important to practice with the resources that were given, most of the time the final task is almost the same than the example.
    After that, when you're taking the speaking task just forget about the test, just talk with the same confidence as you would have with your closest friend.
    Finally, answer the questions precisely (avoiding getting too long) and connecting the answers to conclude on time without missing something.

    So, that's what I think would help. Good luck! :)

    ResponderEliminar
  15. I think the most important thing to keep in mind in this exam is to speak confidently about what they ask you and try to strike up a conversation, not a monologue as mentioned above. I also think that having general knowledge about the topics that the exam can focus on can be very helpful, so we can create a more effective communication atmosphere.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I think you're rigth about the monologue, anyway for me is easier make a conversation than a monologue, but as you mentioned is important to create an atmosphere.

      Eliminar
  16. This second exam sounds interesting, actually my advice it's to relax, if the whole point of this examination is feeling like you are talking to a friend.

    Giving and advice, is a good oportunity to show how much vocabulary do you have, I think trying to do an complex advice will show how confortable are you with your own words

    ResponderEliminar