sábado, 24 de septiembre de 2022

In your opinion, what would be the most remarkable difference between FCE and ISE II tests? Which would be, for you the most challenging part? (Read a classmate's comment and reply: are you of the same mind? what piece of advice would you give to be successful in the particular challenging part? )

29 comentarios:

  1. Well, In my opinion the differences between the exams talking about the structure is problably the speaking part, in the ISE II there are 20 minuts avaible and for the CAE only 14, but the total time; CAE gives you 3.5 hrs and for the ISE 2.18 hrs, then I think the time is the most remarkable difference.

    For me the most challenging part woud be the essay, in both cases because I am not pretty good at writting

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I don't consider myself to be absolutely good at writing either, but I think that's part of the nerves that come up during an exam.
      To avoid this situation in future exams, I like to read different articles in English to get an idea of how good writing should flow.

      Eliminar
  2. I believe that the most significant difference between the ISE II and the FCE exam is the difficulty that each of these presents since it is known that the CAE requires more writing extensions for essays.
    On the other hand, I have always believed that one of the most challenging skills for me is speaking, because it makes me very nervous that a person is in front of me evaluating me while I'm talking. Also listening is very complicated to me when the accents in the audios are very various.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I agree with you, I think it is difficult sometimes to follow the listening because of the way people speak.
      With the speaking task, I think that in both exams it is easy if you first put your ideas on a piece of paper to make it more natural.

      Eliminar
    2. I agree with you, the listening part would be very difficult due to the accents of the people. I think that listening to songs and videos could help to improve this skill.

      Eliminar
  3. In my personal opinion, I think the CAE is the most popular and even difficult exam, at least for me, because of the listening part and the accents that people usually have in those ones. They usually speak a little bit weird and in a funny way!
    On the other side, the ISE II exam is easier than CAE, the speaking task makes me feel more confident and if I have enough time for this, I believe it could be a completely success.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Arturo Rodriguez Paredes28 de septiembre de 2022 a las 10:30

      to improve your listening skills I recommend you to watch travel videos around the world in you tube, in order that you can listen to different accents over the world

      Eliminar
  4. In my opinion, the CAE exam would be more difficult because of the way it is structured. I think that the CAE exam could be more tedious to present. I think ISE II would be easier.
    For me, the most challenging part is listening, because of the accents of the people speaking and the speed when they speak so fast. In addition, the speaking exam is complicated for me, I get very nervous when I am in front of an evaluator and a partner.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Sonia Méndez Hernández27 de septiembre de 2022 a las 20:44

      I definitely agree with you because the structure is heavier and each skill takes more time, in addition to the vocabulary that for reading is more complex. In the listening part I agree with you since the audios go faster and due to the accents used many times you cant understand the whole context.

      Eliminar
  5. Sonia Méndez Hernández27 de septiembre de 2022 a las 20:37

    There is no doubt that the ISE is easier than the FCE, because it contains a more professional approach and focuses more on communication. This exam is divided into 2 parts so you can pass the skills separately. On the other hand Cambridge has a more advanced vocabulary in reading but grammar has the same difficulty or level of trinity.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. In my opinion, CAE Exam is a bit more challenging since, it is unexpected what the examiner is goint to ask us to talk about, on the other hand, doing the speaking part of the ISE , you can choose a topic that you actually like and control.That why in my case, CAE test would represent a bit more challenging for me since its all an improvisation(mostly like in real life).

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Arturo Rodriguez Paredes28 de septiembre de 2022 a las 10:25

    In my opinion, the most remarkable difference between CAE and ISE II tests is the difficulty, obviously, both are difficult but in my opinion, the CASE is the most difficult, I think that the most challenging part is the speaking because I feel so nervous and I can't speak fluently as I want.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I don't know if I completely agree, because ISE II evaluates different skills in one test, and maybe it could make it difficult if you are not good enough in a skill.

      Eliminar
    2. I feel the same way you said about speech. When I started studying English, one of my teachers gave me some advice on how to manage my nerves when speaking, he told me to think about the reasons why I was nervous, and if it was due to some faulty situation in terms of pronunciation, problems with grammar, etc. I will look for a way to solve exercises to reduce them and continue practicing. Practice little by little will help you reduce nerves

      Eliminar
  8. I think the difference lies in what skills need to be more developed for each exam, one is more tecnical and the other one requires more natural skills.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I think the same. It deppends on the neccesity for taking it because the way that is evaluated is different.
      Maybe the advice for the people who wants to take any of the exams is to think the goal that they need to achieve as a cause of the result.

      Eliminar
  9. I think the most obvious difference between both exams is that ISE II tries to evaluate various skills in one test, which I think it's an excellent way to prove your skills more realistically.

    The most challenging part (in both exams) is speaking because in the FCE test they give you a theme you won't be prepared for it and it can make you feel a little bit more nervous, but when you chose a topic for ISE II you could choose a terrible one and the examiner couldn't be involved into the conversation which is not good.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I agree, I think choosing a terrible topic could be the worst choose, that could make you feel so nervous and maybe, get stuck in the middle of the test.

      Eliminar
    2. Rogelio Yael Vega Hernández28 de septiembre de 2022 a las 19:02

      That was me :c

      Eliminar
  10. Vega Hernández Rogelio Yael28 de septiembre de 2022 a las 18:58

    In my opinion, the differences are not huge, but, the speaking is the most challenging part in both. I like that in ISE II exam you can prove your skills in a single exercise or test, also, I like that you can have a conversation about a specific topic, I like to talk about some thing I like or enjoy, so it could be easier for me this speaking test.

    I would like to have ISE certification, so, reading this kind of articles with explanations of the exam.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I concor with you perceiving the ISE II exam as the easy one also thinking about the reading part in which we had to structure a kind of abstract with our own words.

      Eliminar
  11. In my opinion I consider that the most remarkable difference between FCE and ISE II is the structure of the exam and the time schedule for the realization, obviously I consider most challenging the FCE because it last a lot of time and I think that their structure is more focusing on the adequate use of English and in the ISE II is more focusing on the communication skills. Unfortunately in my case the speaking is one of my weaknesses, because when I feel really nervous all the knowledge that I have, it disappears suddenly

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I can relate with your feeling about the speaking skill and also consider the FCE the most difficult because of the extended time of application, it must be really tiring to take this exam. Anyway, both of them will force us to improve in our weaknesses.

      Eliminar
    2. I think speaking is generally one of the most challenging parts, but it's ok to practice and practice and practice again to gain confidence, unfortunately here in class there is not a lot of time to practice and be checked by the teacher.

      Eliminar
  12. In my perspective, both have their degree of difficulty; on the first hand, FCE seems to be “the exam” at it uses the traditional way of application due to its sections for each skill. On the other hand, ISE II for me has an innovative method to examinate in which they’re evaluating two skills per exercise and what’s better it’s more amiable to examinees, -just my opinion.
    The important thing here is to feel self-assured and try to do your best involving the examiner showing your ability to construct a “normal conversation”.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I agree with you, I think that in this kind of exams is important to be very self-assured so the examiner can notice that yo have a great level of english

      Eliminar
  13. For me, the most difficult of both of the tests is ISE II. Maybe it's because of the way that is tested using everything on each skill, and for me my weakest is the listening and reading (as a cause of my time for comprehension, but it also happens to me in spanish). My strongest skill is speaking and writing (not too formal).
    I believe that even FCE could help to certify that you can communicate yourself it's better to certify that you understand in each way that the communication happen and not just writing and speaking.
    Even though the ambiguity exists in my next desicion, I will choose to take the ISE II test. I preffer to certify each skill.

    ResponderEliminar
  14. One of the differences that i can detect is that ISE II emphasise more on writing and conversational functions; at the same time they also test the other two skills (grammarand listening). Is also an interesting thing that you have to involve and try to get along with the examiner during the conversations.
    While in FCE, the application time is really longer but the test format is the closest to the ones we have been doing till now.
    If I talk about the most difficult parts for me, they have always been the speaking and listening tests but for some strange reason I want to try the ISE II test.

    ResponderEliminar
  15. In my opinion one of the most important difference between both of the test is that FCE is more for acdemic stuff, while the ISE II is more of a profesional way, also this exam, in the part of speaking has to be by your own, and I think that that is a really easy way to get many points as possible, also the FCE is larger than de ISE II because it includes reading, speaking and writting. For me is really easy the speaking part, I think that is really easy for me to talk and have a conversation with people, so maybe I would find more difficult the FCE.

    ResponderEliminar