lunes, 5 de septiembre de 2022
Let's share our thoughts on some art expressions. Click on https://artsandculture.google.com/ and scroll down up to the section "Today's top picks". Choose the option that most appeals to you and explore the information given. Which option did you choose? Why? What interesting information can you share with the class about it?
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)
Hello every one, the topic that I chose is "Women Architects who Helped Shape England" because it mention about the womens influence in architecture history of England, from 16th century.
ResponderEliminarA very curious about the official name in the degree is that "Female architec", and between 1898-1972 an architect Elisabeth Scott She disliked being labelled a ‘female architect’ rather than simply an ‘architect’, she works to promote wider acceptance of women in professions.
Good to see that even back then on England, were people who fight for rights equality within professions such as Architecture where I suppose, it was a profession full men in those times.
EliminarIt is pleasant knowing that the presence of women has been present for hundreds of years, and their contributions to the evolution of humanity, in this case, contribute to architecture in a professional way. It is curious how for so long women have sought equality and recognition.
EliminarThis is interesting topic, How the laguage represent the ideals of the epoc, and the necessity of mark those women as something different of a simple architect, even in our times exist the discussion between maintaining the "grade status" in masculin because of course in spanish exist the femenin and masculin in our adjectives.
EliminarHello
EliminarI'm really happy because everyone have a fantastic point of view, an we can continue making history and of course working in teams to get a better than we was
So..I decided to chose "5 Marvelous Manga Museums", as the title says; this is an article where they show us museums from different locations and topics, such as Doraemon who is a really popular character from Japan. The reason why I chose this topic is because I enjoy this kind of entertainment even though I'm not a Manga reader, I consume anime since I'm a child. These fictional characters have a great important for Japan, that it's a fact, a recent proof of that, were the Olimpic games where characters such as Goku, Mario, Pikachu, etc were the official embassors from that event.
ResponderEliminarI'm not a Manga reader too, but I enjoy watching Dragon Ball and so on, it could be amazing if someday you can visit any this museums.
EliminarHello y'all, I chose the top pick 'Which is Earth and which is Space?', I have always liked the idea that there are many things that we don't know about space, for example, the extraterrestrial life.
ResponderEliminarIn this video, they mention that there are places which are similar on Earth and on space. I loved the images shown in this video. There are definitely similarities between deserts on Earth and on Mars. I would like to know if there are also similarities between the life on this planet and on other planets that we have not yet discovered.
Like many of us, it seems to me that the idea of being able to inhabit other planets is something not so far from our reality. But I am still very intrigued by the fact that at some point, it can be ensured that there are intelligent or thinking beings outside our planet with which we could communicate.
EliminarI would like to know the things we don't know about the space. Is an entire new worls and is fabulous the new discovers about that. I'll always be curious about the life in another planet or galaxy, I don't know if I'll be still alive then but is something I would really know.
EliminarI choose the topic ‘6 Now-Closed Exhibitions That You Can Still Explore In Street View’. Even before entering this section, I knew that it would be the one that would give me the most satisfaction because I enjoy art in any of its presentations, from museum exhibitions to urban art and even listening to a new song.
ResponderEliminarWhen reviewing this section, I found my favorite part in the exhibition, 'Tour Paris 13', about an abandoned tower block in Paris' 13th, which was turned into the largest gallery of street artists and graffiti artists, which making the viewer totally immersed in unique international street art as they walked through it.
On the other hand, both the Ai Weiwei and Douglas Coupland exhibitions totally captured my attention. For the first, entitled 'Art at large', I am fascinated by the idea of being able to share different definitions of freedom, justice, individual rights and personal responsibility in the former 19th century military fortress 'Alcatraz'. For the second exhibition, entitled 'everywhere is anywhere is anything is everything', it seems to me especially important to know how the internet and generalized access to information affects us and how different works of art manage to transmit this message.
I like how we can use technology to get a look at the places that we want to visit even if they are closed I am fascinated with the idea of how we can use art to express our feelings or as a form of protest with total freedom
EliminarI chose the option mars as art because I am a big fan of space exploration, and it sounds interesting to see it in an artistic way, in the web page I can see a lot of photos of Mars, of how are its mountains, lands, seasons of the year, etc. I found myself fascinated with the photos, I can see how technology and science have changed, and how much it has evolved in such a short time, I can also see photos showing Mars geography, what I found most interesting, was that the planet Mars has also changed with the evolution of technology, such as the formation of craters that did not exist or changes in its terrain.
ResponderEliminarI chose the top pick "Mars as Art" option because I found the techniques with which the photos were taken very interesting. For example, there is an image that was taken with NASA space waves in different wavelengths of infrared light, which reveal the characteristics of the surface materials. The purpose of taking these photos is to know the elements that are there and their temperatures. As a result, beautiful images that look like art paintings are also obtained.
ResponderEliminarHello! I chose "When Street Artists Meet the Art of Salvatore Ferragamo" because the main photo has some features that make you think that it is based on some anime or Japanese art. I love how Salvatore Ferragamo, the artist, make the people think a lot in the reason of the paintings and is impressive how he only draw lines and make that kind of art and how this art became in one of the most important fashion brands in Italy.
ResponderEliminarI love how he incorporate nature and animals in his art
It's amazing how artists can express their ideas and feelings in so many ways, but the most impressive thing is when they become part of our daily life through a brand, and sometimes we don't take into account that maybe we are wearing someone's masterpiece.
Eliminarchoose "The green revolution in India" because it's been one of the most interesting themes I've ever studied.
ResponderEliminarThe Green Revolution consists in the creation of seeds that were able to resist droughts and to provide a high yield. It was a great solution to food shortage, but in my opinion, it's a temporal solution because it exceeds the land's production capacity and it displaces endemic species of seeds.
It's an amazing topic the green revolution. Many people believe that it would be a good solution for the harvest but as you said this is a temporary solution. Unfortunately this kind of yield has been increased the soil erosion that recently has been affected the Earth. On the other hand a lot of endemic seeds has started to disappear and most of scientists believe that it would be continue if we don't stop it.
EliminarI choose "How Animals See the World" because I have a dog and a cat, so I am interested how they could see the world, and actually I get impressed, In the article they say that dogs not only can see on black and white as the people used to believe they have 2 photoreceptors blue and yellow this means that they are unable to see red and blue, anyway they have this super sense of smell like thousands times better than the humans one, I really think about my dog, I can imagine why she don't like to be near to smelly places, and why she's so obcessed with smell everyting when she's outside.
ResponderEliminarI didn't know this google page, it's nice.
Totally agreed with your point, the misconseption of dogs only being able to percieve black and white is very well known but, as You mentioned, the article have more information that, most of us, didn't know.
EliminarI totally understand what you said. I mean, I didn't know that they can see more than a grayscale. Most of the time society said that they just have a limited colors that could be perceived with their sight but that's not true. They can see more than that.
EliminarI'm also a dog's owner and I understand that you said about their curiosity... Mine is really curious about anything that is nearby her way haha. It's impressive that they have a ultra-sophisticated sense of smelling.
I hope to read more about the topic, just to know a litthe more about dogs haha.
Hi everybody! I choose the art gallery about how animals seen the world and I really get impressed about all of the data. I didn't know that dogs can see some colors like blue and yellow (and not only gray as many of us thought). Another thing that I really impressed me is that the sharks are like a kind of blind but they possess an incredible called the ampullae of Lorenzini that allows them detect prey efficiently with electromagnetic fields which are created when the animals move. I never thought that in the animal world every creature has a particular way to seen the world and in this gallery shows a very close view about it. And with this art gallery, I remember a song which says "let me show you the world in my eyes", and definitely I don't find you another best way to describe it.
ResponderEliminarWow that's amaizing, I really love animals and especially dogs, I think that is really cool that people take the time to study the animals and find way to introduce it to us, I will definitely go and see this section!
EliminarI chose "How animals see the world".
ResponderEliminarIt was a great experience because we, humans, tend to think that every living thing on earth percieves the world the same way as our species, but that is kiloeters away from the truth. Each and every living being in this planet percieves the world through their Unique senses and gather the most important data from the environmen. This information was well organised and extremily interesting from its core.
Hi. I also think that we’re used to look the world through an anthropocentric perspective forgetting these facts that you said about the diverse characteristics of other animals. What an interesting topic!
EliminarHey mates. Let me let you that in the section of today’s picks was oversaturated with photos of the deceased Queen Elizabeth II. So, the one I chose was called “Queen of Scots, Sovereign of the Most Ancient and Noble Order of the Thistle and Chief of Chiefs” this due to the title sounded in a flamboyant way and she’s wearing a royal cloak in middle of a meadow next to some lovely thistles.
ResponderEliminarI didn't have the slightest idea of that order and looking for it I realized that represents the highest honour in Scotland after the order of garter. Actually, I’ve been searching but I can’t find the values that they respect it’ll be interesting to know them.
Hello everyone, the pic I chose was "the sun forms a question". I think that the first thing that catched up my attention was the color, my favorite color is purple that I guess my eyes inmediatly look into it, and also the way it looks like little sparkles. The NASA posted this picture explinig that there was a phenomenon called "coronal hole" which is an area of open magnetic field that appear darker in extreme ultraviolet light, I think that is really amazing how this strange and beautyful thing can be formed in nature, and alsohow good the tecnology is now a days that we are able to see this kind of things.
ResponderEliminarHi everyone,
ResponderEliminarThe topic I chose was "Monet: The Water-Lily Pond". The main reason about why I got interested in it was because I've been interested in art for many years and Monet is one of the impresionists that I admire the most. I'm not an expert about the topic but most of the time I'm just trying to understand author's vision. So, choosing this analysis helped me to understand the details of that painting and what was the inspiration of him during his last period of his life, indeed I discovered that he created 250 canvas prints based on the water lilies. It's really impressive how the extended a whole serie of paintings.
Also, another thing that I think is amazing about this is that he created those paintings as a protest, during the word war 1 because he wanted to show what could be destroyec as a cause of the war. So he matained the calm and inspired him to create that masterpieces.
Just to conclude, I think art is a way of expression and it can show us many things but most of all the point of view of the artist and what they se about their reality and what they wanted to show us.
As you commented at the end I also think that the different arts, such as dance, sculpture, photograph, paints, etc are ways to express feelings and thoughts. Maybe the author wanted to convey a message but we are free to interpret it differently.
EliminarI chose an article called "Gianfranco Ferré: a never ending journey" wich describes the idea of this passionate designer who thinks creativity is related with freedom and in turn with his idea of travelling. While he got inspiration from different cultures, religious, architectural works and costumes one of his collections was developed with photographs of distant places and traditions that fit with each others revealing different aspects of the world.
ResponderEliminarI found this interesting because of the collage at the end of the article, it shows pics of different things that combine and look really good together but then I paid attention to the details and it shows various aspects of different cultures.
I found very interesting your writing because of it compares the meaning of the freedom with the creativity and it is expressed throught of the art. I think all cultures of the all countries have something to show us, their wealth but also their poverty and we can appreciate this on the art.
ResponderEliminarI'm Sonia
EliminarI choose the "Frida Kahlo's studio and home". It's a cultural landmark in México city located in the downtown of Coyoacán. I really like it because it was the House of two great mexicans painters Who are recogniced around the World. This house broke with de classical and traditional arquitecture due to its brillant colors. After of the Frida's dead it will become a nice mexican musueum which is visited for mexican people and tourists from 1958 until now. Really you have to know it.
ResponderEliminar